Another guest post today, from my new madre friend Mele. We met, and truly only know each other through instagram. Our boys are very close in age so its been fun to share in the developments, milestones & motherhood moments thus far. I love her style and asked her to participate in my ‘five things for mother’s day’ series, and she obliged! Take it away Mele…
Hey guys! My name is Mele, I’m a brand new mama celebrating my first Mother’s Day! I live in Los Angeles with my hubby David, My son Caleb who is 14weeks and two pups Iggy & Casper. I’m a former model and currently a stay at home mom with dreams of becoming the next Martha Stewart! I run a little catering/party planning business out of my home called “The Untamed Housewife” which is mostly just for fun but there’s nothing I love more than seeing people enjoy my food and putting together events!
I still can’t believe I get to celebrate Mother’s Day this year! I dreamed of being a mother my whole life and the fact that now I am still amazes me. My little family is everything to me, I love waking up to them everyday and going on adventures with little Caleb!
Enough about me though, I am really here to share the top five items on my Mother’s Day wishlist with Making La Madre!
1. The Julien backpack from Leader Bag Co. This backpack is everything a mom could want without looking like a diaper bag! It’s got tons of pockets, changing pad and even comes with a super cute clutch for when you just need to throw a couple things in and not carry the whole thing.
2. Weaving from artist Farron Feiner Farron makes these amazing wall hangings in gorgeous colors and patterns, each one is hand made and one of a kind. She’s currently working on a custom piece for me 🙂
3. Pure relaxation massage from Burke Williams This place is my go to when I need to just relax and have a little “me” time! I love the pure relaxation massage, and when you purchase a massage you get access to their spa facilities for the day!
4. Kimono from Spell & the Gypsy I am obsessed with everything from Australian line Spell but I especially love their kimonos. They’re perfect to throw on over a basic outfit to spice it up and they make great nursing covers!
5. Luke sandals by Charlotte Stone Every mama needs an arsenal of comfy shoes and I am in love with these sandals! The cork sole is super soft and cushy but the leather keeps them looking chic.