Yesterday was all about deals and today we move on to higher price points and stronger pieces. I had my first ever trip into a COS yesterday and don’t know what to say other than I am in LOVE. If you are not familiar with COS it is a higher end brand by H&M that in their own words: favors style over fashion. They do not yet have stores in the US but do have an online shop and a little bird told me they will be opening a store in NYC in November- which is super soon!
So why am I in LOVE with COS? A few good reasons.
- The products all effortlessly look good, nothing fussy is in the store.
- The fit. The entire look and feel of the COS brand for women (as I am interpreting it) is very refined and chic, kind of a modern elegance. Most things are perfectly oversize, still flattering with the right seams and proportions. PERFECT for a pregnant woman like myself. I might even be considering renaming the blog to Cos La Madre– more about name changes and identity crises in another post soon.
- Price point. The shops are merchandised extremely well and make you feel like you are in a gallery or one of a kind designer space so you would assume the prices would match. The price points are actually much more comparable to a J. Crew and I feel like the style and substance you are getting is much higher than J. Crew.
- Quality. Obviously these items are at a higher price point than H&M so the quality is expected to be higher. But I can already tell from the materials, fabrics and the cuts and designs that the quality of these pieces is really good.
- Obvious one here, but I love the fact that so much of the clothing can be worn pre, during and post pregnancy. I even tried on a pair of leather detailed trousers– black pants with leather trim down the sides. They come in size XS, S, M & L and have elastic waist with a zipper down the back. The size small fit me quite well with belly and all. I might have to go back for those!
I ended up purchasing the Square Cut Jersey Dress and the Extra Long Cardigan. Already wore the dress to an event last night here in Paris at the Palais de Tokyo. I paired it with my new favorite Jeffrey Campbell boots & a ZARA necklace- both boots and necklace are no longer available and were purchased at significant discount- thanks to Nordstrom honoring competitors prices and to a major sale at ZARA.
If I am lucky I might be stopping by COS Friday before I depart back home and hopefully score a few more things.